Our events are friendly to various forms of costume and prop weaponry, with reasonable restrictions.
- All blades, knives, swords, and weapons must be peace-tied while at the event. Cable ties will be available for peace-tying with our security staff. If it can not be peace-tied then it needs to either go back to your room or vehicle. If you do not have a hotel room or a vehicle, you can leave your weapon in the Public Safety Office.
- Any blade or weapon that is illegal to carry in the state of New Jersey is strictly prohibited at the events. New Jersey has strict and differing weapons laws from surrounding states; please take the time before the event to review them.
- No firearms are permitted inside the event, even by those with carry permits for them (this includes but is not limited to handguns, rifles, black powder weapons, BB guns, Airsoft, and any other device classified as a firearm by the state of New Jersey. Basically, if it’s shaped like a firearm and can hurt someone, New Jersey considers it a firearm).
- NERF and other firing toy guns are allowed.
- You may carry either the ammunition for an allowable weapon or the weapon itself throughout the event space but not both at the same time.
- Please leave all propellant for home made flame throwers at home.
- Lasers of any type may not be shined at people